Managing Director and Senior Partner
Boston Consulting Group
Michelle leads the People and Organization practice for North America and is a leader of the global Women@BCG team.
Michelle is a core member of BCG’s healthcare practice and previously led BCG’s Great Lakes & Canada region; she focuses on strategic choices for provider and payer systems. Michelle is also a core member of the People & Organization practice with an extensive on major organization redesign and change management.
Examples of client engagements include:
- Led post-merger integration of regional hospital and academic medical center, coordinating the IMO of over 20+ client-led teams
- Developed a physician strategy for a regional hospital focused on optimization of mix of private practice vs. medical group and development of action plans by service line
- Built a new strategy for an urban, multiple-hospital IDN with focus on critical activities to achieve integrated care and coverage across all elements of the system (hospitals/ambulatory network, physician group, payer)
- Developed a community-based biotech public-private partnership working across multiple hospital providers, universities and healthcare companies for a major metropolitan area
- Built a strategic plan for a medical district that included four provider systems (a leading not-for-profit, a state university health system, a VA hospital and a county safety-net hospital) as well as a broader set of stakeholders
- Developed a strategy for leading national healthcare advocacy organization with complex chapter structure which was undergoing reorganization in parallel
- Developed state-level report card for elementary and high schools in Illinois which received bi-partisan support; engaged broad set of stakeholders (parents, students, teachers, administrators, and local government) to gain alignment
Michelle has authored multiple pieces looking at Gender and Diversity:
- Women Dominate Health Care, Just Not in The Executive Suite
- Making the Workplace Work for Dual-Career Couples
- How We Closed the Gap Between Men and Women’s Retention Rates (HBR)
Michelle sits on the board of Leadership Greater Chicago (LGC) and the Leadership Council for the Civic Consulting Alliance (CCA).
Michelle holds a PhD in organic chemistry from Stanford University, where she was a National Science Foundation Predoctoral Fellow. She received a BA in Chemistry, summa cum laude, from The University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, MN