Former Partner KPMG LLC; Board Director
Omega Healthcare Investors, Inc.
Kapila is KPMG’s former National Partner-in-Charge: Public Policy Business Initiatives, responsible for coordinating the U.S. Firm’s response to Public Policy changes that impact the Firm and its clients.
She is also a former partner in KPMG’s Advisory Services practice with more than 30 years of experience with KPMG serving a diverse group of real estate, private equity and hospitality clients. She has authored several of the Firm’s tools and templates and has served as a national training instructor.
Kapila was the Firm’s account executive for Northern Illinois University. She has served on the Board of the Franciscan Ministries and as the chair for the KPMG Foundation. She currently serves on KPMG LLP Boards in the U.S. and the Americas.
Professional and Industry Experience
In addition to traditional financial reporting responsibilities, Kapila has been involved in numerous advisory projects spanning the entire company life cycle including strategic planning, due diligence, risk assessments, enterprise risk management, finance transformation, budgeting and forecasting, internal controls and cost management or operational reviews. In her Board role, she is involved in the Firm’s enterprise risk assessment and monitoring process.
· Awarded the “Women to Watch” award by the Illinois CPA Society for making a significant contribution to the accounting profession, to KPMG, and for the development of women leaders.
· Profiled recently as a “Voice of Experience” by the Glass Hammer, an online community created for women executives in finance, law, technology and big business.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
Kapila is a frequent speaker nationally at industry conferences and forums and has authored numerous articles on investment and finance. She has been involved in publications and conferences involving organizations such as the following:
- National Real Estate Investor
- Hotel Motel Management
- The Wall Street Journal
- Private Equity Real Estate and Private Equity Analyst
- Commercial Property News and Lodging Magazine
- The Miliken Institute
- New York University’s Annual Hospitality Industry Investment Conference
- Serves on the Financial Management Committee of the American Hotel and Lodging Association
- Serves as co-chair of Chicago’s Midwest Diversity Council
- Participant in the Board Diversity Caucus sponsored by Diversity best Practices.
Speaker for various events sponsored by the KPMG Network of Women (K.N.O.W.) and the Asian-Pacific Islander Network (APIN).