Experienced executive with over 20 years of senior leadership roles in the manufacturing sector. Facilitative leader with specialty in manufacturing transformation, product development processes, and international expansion. Keen attention to talent management and maintaining a high level of workplace satisfaction.
• Grew global business by double digits during first 3 years in CEO seat. Have lead Company through crises situations through last 2 years, while continuing to build infrastructure to achieve international growth and new technology solutions.
• Led the company to a Board-managed structure, after 91 years of family leadership. Established the governance meetings in terms of their content and cadence.
• Grew gross contribution by over 10 percentage points through manufacturing rationalization and consolidation.
• Expanded technology applications into new regional and vertical markets, while continuing to grow market share in core markets.
• Strategic Planning
• Multi-Year Financial Planning
• Supply Chain Optimization • Technology Roadmaps
• Customer Insights
• Go-to-Market Planning
• Balanced Scorecard Methodology
• Quality Management
• Talent Development
• Digital Marketing
• Change Management
Shure Incorporated, Niles, Illinois 1989 to Present
President & CEO 2016 to Present
• Head all of Shure’s divisions as President & CEO.
• Refreshed strategic planning processes, implementing new balanced scorecard.
• Balanced growth of business infrastructure that added 20% to headcount in 2 years, while still growing profitability to over 50% and top line growth by 32.3%.
• Navigated business through significant turmoil during pandemic and supply chain interruptions. Focused on people retention through transparent communication and implementing new flexible workplace policies.
Executive Vice President, Global Marketing & Sales 2006 to 2016
• Led all Sales and Marketing entities for Shure.
• Interfaced with all customer levels at sales meetings, trade shows, and marketing conferences.
• Traveled to 21 countries, visiting customers and employees alike.
• Embarked on new digital marketing endeavors, largely funded by curtailing traditional activities.
• Led restructuring globally to integrate sales and marketing functions into regional go-to-market business units.
Executive Vice President, Global Operations 2000 to 2006
• Responsible for all Manufacturing, Operations and Quality functions.
• Outsourced low-level fabrication processes (e.g., machined parts, plastic injection molded parts, and printed circuit boards.)
• Developed detailed manufacturing transition plans including equipment moves, outsourcing schedules, and plant consolidations with associated employee communication and assistance programs. Directed new plant opening in Suzhou, China. Accomplished all transitions with no disruption to customer delivery, while ultimately reducing overall lead times.
• Localized manufacturing support functions, such as procurement, planning, and engineering to improve communication and plant throughput.
Vice President, Quality 1997 to 2000
• Formalized and combined disparate compliance functions.
• Augmented the Supplier Quality function during the period where more manufacturing was being outsourced.
• Implemented advanced testing methods, such as HALT and automated manual tests.
Process Development Manager 1995 to 1997
• Worked on processes in manufacturing to streamline work flows and take costs out of manufacturing.
• Process work included punch presses, brazing, painting and clear coat processes, coil winding, automatic glue dispensing, machining, and molding.
Quality & Training Roles 1989 to 1995
• Conducted training sessions throughout North America on Total Quality Management and Team dynamics. Training sessions crossed all functions in the company, extending beyond manufacturing.
• Led teams that reduced lead time, improved quality, and saved costs – all while instilling healthy team dynamics and practices.
• Worked as support to line production troubleshooting, working with suppliers and implementing tools like SPC & DOE.
• Automated on-line testing leading to significant gains in productivity. Increased throughput by more than 500% by streamlining end-of-line tests.
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, 1989
University of Wisconsin – Madison
Master of Engineering Management, 1999
Professional & Civic Affiliations
Northwestern, Advisory Board for the Master of Engineering Management program.
University of Wisconsin – Madison, Industrial Advisory Board for Department of Mechanical Engineering. (2008 – 2014)
University of Wisconsin – Madison, Industry Advisory Board Member for the College of Engineering (2020 – present)
Niles Chamber of Commerce Board Member (2007 – 2015)
Awards & Certifications
University of Wisconsin – Madison
Distinguished Achievement Award (2017)
Early Career Achievement Award (2006)
Crain’s Chicago Business
Tech 50 (2018)
25 Most Powerful Women in Chicago Business (2018)
Tech 50 (2017)
40 under 40 (2006)