Former Managing Partner, Chicago Office
Regine Corrado is a former managing partner in Baker McKenzie’s Chicago office.
Regine’s cross-border practice included the coordination and implementation of multi-country corporate transactions and restructurings in the US and around the globe. In addition, she counseled US multinationals on their international operations, including expansions and retrenchments, corporate and foreign investment compliance, and governance of their global corporate portfolios.
Representative clients, cases or matters
- Advised a US pharmaceutical company on the planning and implementation of a post-acquisition matter involving more than 60 countries.
- Advised a major US medical instruments company on several post-acquisition integrations in over 30 countries in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia.
- Advised a US food company on the planning and implementation of a supply chain restructuring covering all Western European countries.
- Advised a major US media company on its restructuring, in preparation for a partial initial public offering of one division and spin-off of another division involving 12 jurisdictions in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia.
- Advised a US telecommunications company on the structuring and Day 1 integration of a US target telecommunications company with operations in Europe, Latin America and Asia.
- Advised a US printing equipment company on its post-acquisition integration of an acquired Bermuda-UK based business with operations in Europe, Latin America and Asia.
- Advised a US food company on its purchase of a global business and the divestiture of a portion of the acquired business.
- Advised a US food company on the ex-US aspects of an acquisition and post-acquisition integration of a global business.
Regine is an active member of the Chicago Bar Association and former co-chair of the Alliance for Women. She is also a member of the American Bar Association, International Law Division.
Education and admission
- University of the Pacific (McGeorge) (LLM) (1990)
- University of Hamburg (Assessor Exam) (1989) (Referendar Exam)(1985)Admissions
- Illinois~United States (2002)
- California~United States (1991)
- Germany (inactive) (1990)